I know God is getting ready to do something big in my life. He’s talking to me and telling me things that make me excited and nervous at the same time. All my life I have wanted to do something BIG – not be famous, but to make an impact in the lives of others, and the time is coming. Will it be big to everyone? Probably not, but I feel it will affect those in my life in a positive way. I really don’t know WHAT is going to happen yet, but it’s all building up.
I’ve wanted to blog for weeks now, but it seems like time gets away and other things fall into the way. So much has been on my mind about Thrive and my walk with God and He’s given me the opportunity to finally get it out there this morning.
First of all, I’ve been praying for something to happen in the life of someone I love, and I think it’s finally starting. Over the years, I’ve let the situation frustrate me, but I’ve come to the face the fact that I can’t change this person, only God can. So, prayers are being answered and I’m so thankful!
I’m also praying about my life and that God will guide my paths. The hard part is listening to what he tells me to do. I really keep thinking of the story of Noah and the ark. I’m so grateful that He hasn’t asked me to build and ark, because even the small things He asks me to surrender control of are hard to obey. I’m trying to teach my 3 year old son obedience and I have to be obedient myself. Life lessons!
At this point in my life, I feel more compassionate about people than I ever have. In the past, I’ve been quick to judge and at times, fast to gossip. Obviously, these are not good Christian character traits. However, I’m starting to give people the benefit of the doubt because we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of the Lord, right? I feel like I want to serve people now. My life used to be about what Mandy wanted to do, but now it’s “What can I do for you, Lord?” I really, truly, from the bottom of my heart want to show people His love and that this life is only temporary. We have hope in tomorrow and eternity when we believe in Him.
With all that being said, here are some things I want to share. Please keep Thrive and me in your prayers, praying specifically that I will follow His calling on my life. I would love to read your comments on Facebook and here on the blog. (And thank you in advance!)
- If you’re not busy Saturday, please make plans to come out to JoyFest at Joy Ranch. Mom and I made a quilt (she did 90% of the work) for the auction they have starting at noon to raise funds for their home for children. There are more festivities after that – https://www.facebook.com/events/478320955679753/
- At the last seminar at Galax PH Church, the ladies decided they want to have me back on a weekly basis, so keep your eyes peeled for that exciting venture! I hope to start next week or the following with the 30 minute Thrive exercise session on Tuesday or Thursday around 6 pm each week.
- If you’ve not yet signed up to receive my Thrive emails, please do on my website. Check out the top of the Contact Us or Events pages and just enter your email address.
- Yvette Ladd with Wellness Pursuits has invited me to teach Thrive at her grand opening the last week in September. She has all kinds of neat happenings that weekend, so please check it out at https://www.facebook.com/events/135028473500550/
- Remember you can support Thrive in various ways…Pray, Share, or Give.
- Pray for the ministry, that God will open doors so I can spread the love of Jesus to people in need.
- Share with your friends on Facebook, via email, or word of mouth. Come to my events and classes!
- Give financially if you feel led. I’m going to have a new t-shirt design for anyone who gives a donation of $40 or more.
Remember 1 Corinthians 6:19-20…God wants us to take care of His temple. Have a happy, healthy, and blessed day!