Peonies have to be my favorite flower. I love their delicate, paper thin petals and their sweet, soft fragrance. I have one growing at the end of our driveway, but it only has two blossoms. Across the road, there is an abandon house where I pick their peonies. Today, my son and I picked a few and put them in a pint jar on our table. The ants like them, too. We ended up with a few ants in the house, but who cares?!
Here’s some other random happenings here recently…
- My husband and I sat on our porch until after 10 pm last night just talking and watching the sun go down. The lightning bugs came out for a show and the whiporwill sang her unmistakable melody.
- Made a cake called “Preacher’s Delight” today. I’ve been craving pineapple and coconut (no, I’m not pregnant), and I found this recipe. Oh, my. It hit the spot and is SO good! I used coconut cake mix instead of white and I mixed crushed pineapple into the cool whip. I think next time, I may use pineapple cake mix. I’ve not been eating sweets during the week, but I’m allowing myself sweets on the weekend. Trying to lose a couple of pounds before my triathlon in a few weeks as well as show sugar I’m boss!
- I shaved 5 seconds off my 100 yard freestyle time! I had timed myself a month ago and then timed myself again this week and I’m 5 seconds faster than before. This 9 week tri training program is working well! Lots of intervals, but it’s making me stronger and faster, I can tell. Only 3 weeks till the triathlon. I have to do some bricks in the next two weeks to get my legs ready.
- My 16 month old son ate broccoli and LIKED IT! I got him on video eating, smiling, and yumming so I can convince him later on down the road that he DOES like broccoli.
- Oh, and I took a bath with my son and a peony today. He had picked one and decided to take it to the bath tub. It held up really well!
Well, that’s enough for today. I’m going to finish this evening sitting here on my porch, watching the cat eat and listening to the birds as they wind down for the night.