First of all, I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to make it to work by 5:15 and I saw something so pretty. I pulled the curtains and looked out into the darkness – behold, the lightning bugs! They were amazingly crisp and bright on the black horizon. I’m not sure if it was the big rainstorm we had yesterday or what, but it was something to see.
According to my due date, we’re T-minus 7 weeks until this second baby arrives. When you look at 7 out of 40 weeks, we are very close! It’s funny, because I’m not that anxious about labor and delivery (not looking forward to it, but not really scared); more so, I’m thinking about all the things I need to get done before kiddo gets here. I’m sure that’s a natural thought for a working mom that already has a two-year-old (right?!).
Either way, I’ve been running my to do list through my head for quite some time now and here are the main things I’ve come up with:
- husband’s cousin’s graduation & party this weekend
- teach lifeguard class at work next week
- hang misc. items on the walls to finish nesting in the new house then blog with some photos
- baby shower next Saturday
- animal park with husband, son, & church kids in a couple weeks
- anniversary celebration at work in a few weeks (plan & work)
- wedding last weekend of the month (thankfully, I’m just a spectator and it’s local so no travel needed)
- work 4th of July 5K race (probably sit and take registrations at that point!)
- paint bookshelf in bedroom (thankfully it’s small)
- wash newborn clothes & put away
- make sure breast pump still works
- pack hospital bag
- spot read “Becoming Babywise” to familiarize myself with the eat/wake/sleep routine (it worked very well with our first child)
- clean up & assemble infant car seat
- sort & organize my own clothes so I will have something to wear after baby gets here (without having to dig through everything)
- make up some freezer meals for easy dinners post baby (thanks to A Daily Dose of Fit for this great idea!)…I wish my younger sister was here to help me on this one – she’s great in the kitchen!
- sort through papers and file/trash (stuff that’s accumulated over the past 6 months or so – yikes!)
I think that does it for the most part…Of course, there are the daily things like work and take care of our sweet little boy, but these are the main things I want to do between now and then. Ambitious, huh? Thankfully, I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and my husband is off so he can help me with some of these things!
I’m feeling MUCH better and seem to have kicked this old stomach bug (I think), so maybe I will have my energy back now. I also increased my iron intake like I did during my last pregnancy just to be on the proactive side since I’ve been feeling a little tired.
So, what’s on YOUR to-do list for the next several weeks?