I must be under the spell of PMS because I’ve been a sap today. Every sentimental thing I’ve experienced has brought me close to tears. Here are some of the things I’m talking about…
- In the “Parade” magazine today, there was an article about this person who grew up in an atheist home and always wanted to grace over his/her meals (not sure if it was a man or woman writing the article). It was a moving little story. [sidenote: It’s a she and you can read the article here.]
- Then, I was reminiscing about having a newborn baby since my friend just gave birth earlier this week. I remember how emotional I was those first couple of weeks. I think a lot of that emotion came from exhaustion!
- During church service, I discovered a note my mom had written me in my Bible. She told me how proud she was that I was raising my child in a Christ centered home and what a difference it was going to make. It was so sweet. I was kind of ashamed because she wrote it back in September and I just found it.
- Then, I got to watch my sister and dad play in the floor with my son today. They got down on all fours and chased him around while he rode his little green tractor. I took videos of them so he can look back one day and know his family members and see how he was when he was little.
- This morning and evening were spent with just the three of us – husband, son and myself – enjoying a beautiful Sunday of family time.
On my drive home from my dad’s today, I just thanked God for the blessings he’s given me. I am not a millionaire, but sometimes I feel like the richest gal in the whole, wide world. I scratch my head in wonder of why I have it so good when there are lots of folks out there that have it so much worse than I do.
I thought about the single mom who works two jobs, picks up the kids from the sitter and takes them home. She arrives to a dark house on a cold dark night, with both kids asleep in the back seat. She wrangles them both into her arms and prays she makes it into the house without breaking her neck and dropping her precious cargo.
As I type these words, my eyes fill with tears. Is God placing these images in my head to make me aware of the hurting people out there? Is this an actual scene from someone’s life???
If you’re reading this and that is a similar scene from your world, then please know that I am saying a special prayer for you tonight.
Let us all be thankful and grateful of the innumerable blessings we have.